Location – Informatics Forum
The 2015 Summer school will be hosted at the University of Edinburgh School of Informatics. The School of Informatics is located on Crichton Street, part of the central area of the University in the City of Edinburgh.
Where to find us
The school’s main building, the Informatics Forum, can be found at the following address:
Informatics Forum 10 Crichton Street Edinburgh EH8 9AB
♦ Bus services
The School of Informatics is served by the following bus services:
- C134 Edinburgh University shuttle (http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/transport/public-transport/buses/shuttle-bus)
- Lothian buses (http://lothianbuses.com/) 41, 42 to Edinburgh Waverley Rail Station and Kings Buildings campus
- Service 67 (http://lothianbuses.com/) runs between St Andrews Square, in the city centre, and Easter Bush. It serves the University at Potterow and Forrest Road before continuing to Summerhall, the King’s Buildings and then Easter Bush.
- For more details on how to travel to the central area of Edinburgh University please see: Travelling to the central area
- City Cab – 0131 228 1211
- Central Taxis – 0131 229 2468
♦ Eateries in local area
- Information on local eateries available on the following link – https://food.list.co.uk/places/where:EH8%209AB/
Accomodation – Masson House
Located on our Pollock Halls campus, Masson House is a 3* year-round B&B accommodation.
♦ Getting to Pollock Halls
18 Holyrood Park Road
♦ By Road
If you’re coming to Edinburgh from the South, take the A720; City of Edinburgh Bypass, then take the A7 Old Dalkeith Road exit at the Sheriffhall Roundabout going towards the City Centre. Continue straight for approximately 3 miles. Just past the Royal Commonwealth Pool at the lights, turn right onto Holyrood Park Road. Pollock Halls is the second turning on the right.
We have limited on-site parking on a first-come first-served basis.
♦ By Taxi
A taxi from St. Andrew Square Bus Station or Princess Street to Pollock Halls will cost approximately £7 and take 5-10 minutes.
♦ By Bus
From the shop side of Princes Street; take a bus to the Royal Commonwealth Pool on Dalkeith Road, Pollock Halls is a short walk down Holyrood Park Road from the stop.
Lothian Buses: Nos 2, 14, 30, 33 £1.50 is the standard adult one-trip fare. You’ll need exact change.
Munro: 51/52 from North Bridge.
♦ By Rail
Pollock Halls is 2 miles from Edinburgh Waverley, our main station. A taxi or bus will take around 10 minutes.
♦ By Air
Pollock Halls is about 8 miles from Edinburgh International Airport. A taxi will cost around £20, or take an airlink bus service to Waverley Bridge, an adult open return is £7 and a single £4.